.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hunalkuwait

Monday, August 23, 2004

maybe it's not such a bad thing....

THE NEW INDIAN EXPRESS. BANGALORE - Man electrocuted while using cellphone
Kollam, Aug 10: A youth was electrocuted while ‘using the mobile phone instrument on Monday night at Chavara, near Kollam. He was identified as K. Viswajith (31), who was working as sales manager of a private insurance company in Kollam.
He is survived by wife Rejitha and a son. Viswajith was electrocuted when he aft ended a call on the mobile phone which was kept for charging. The body was cremated after conducting the postemortem

---
i know some people i would like to do that to! FYI - i got this as a scanned email of the actual newspaper clipping so it appears geniune. verrrry strange!

7 Comments:

  • Well the guy had his phone attached to the charger, so he was really electricuted from the wall socket. His phone was just the conductor.

    Same if you were to use a hair dryer while showering.

    By Blogger nibaq, at Monday, August 23, 2004 11:59:00 AM  

  • I think its the fault of the phone.

    By Blogger Purgatory, at Tuesday, August 24, 2004 8:40:00 PM  

  • This isn't very likely to have happened unless the charger wires were bare, penetrating the skin, and the guy was standing in salt water or something. What's the minimum voltage to electrocute through the skin? I'm sure it's more than 3.7 volts DC put out by most phone chargers. Beneath the skin is another matter...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:43:00 PM  

  • haha you got to REAL STUPID to believe this. Cell phone chargers put out DC Volts. Its like saying you'll get killed by touching your automobile battery

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, November 05, 2005 7:04:00 PM  

  • ok 25mA 25/1000 amps across the heart will kill ac or dc no difference.
    However the chances of a death from a charging mobile( cell) phone are so small as to be not worth considering.
    If the insulation of your charger is in good order and your phone is not actually hot to the touch ( very hot smoke rising) then I doubt you would be able to get an electric shock much less be electrocuted.
    You're in much more danger making a land line call in a thunderstorm. People have died when lightning has struck phone lines.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, November 25, 2005 9:52:00 PM  

  • This news is Shocking to say the least. Why wasn't the phone company Charged with neglagence. I don't know,...you make the Call.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, February 12, 2006 3:17:00 AM  

  • That is really crazy for some one to answer a phone why it on a charger. But my mom do it all the time but noting never happen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, November 15, 2017 5:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home