.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

hunalkuwait

Friday, June 29, 2007

copycat restaurants

in yesterday's IHT is in a interesting article quoted below that touches on the increasing imitation going on in the restaurant world. it got me thinking about how it is in kuwait with every successful (and sometimes not) new restaurant spawning numerous copycats in a little as a few weeks. think maki/wasabi, burger boutique/burger hub/burger co, zaatar w zeit/shay w nana and many others.

originality is in dire demand.

Restaurant war: Lawsuit cites 'intellectual property' - Print Version - International Herald Tribune
Ed's Lobster Bar copies "each and every element" of Pearl Oyster Bar, including the white marble bar, the gray paint on the wainscoting, the chairs and bar stools with their wheat-straw backs, the packets of oyster crackers placed at each table setting and the dressing on the Caesar salad.

1 Comments:

  • FROM THE DESK OF DR. COX ANGELO
    BANCO ESPAÑA DIRECTOR WIRE/TELEX DEPARTMENT.
    BANCO SANTANDER CENTRAL ESPAÑA.
    MADRID-OFICINA INTERNACIONAL
    Sucursal 1555, Domicilio: JOSE ORTEGA Y GASSET, 6. 28006 MADRID
    TELAFAX:+ 34 - 660 -025 -926
    WEBSITE:www.bancosantander.com.co/.../HOME/BANCOSANTANDER/NOTISANT/
    EMAIL:b-santander@madrid.com



    Dear friend,

    For sure this mail would definitely come to you as a surprise, but do take your good time to painstakenly go through it before disposing it, as I mean well
    Pardon me for not having the pleasure of knowing your mindset before making you this offer.I got your contact information during my personal search for a reliable, honest and trustworthy person to entrust this huge amount of money with.

    My name is Dr.Cox Angelo. I am a manager with banco santander here in spain, I am writing to solicit your assistance in the transfer of us $6,750.000.00. This fund is an excess of what my branch in which I am the manger made as profit during the last fiscal year. I have already submitted an approved end of the year report for the year 2006 to my head office here in madrid last december.Since then, I have placed this $6,750.000.00 on Non-Resident account without a beneficiary.

    As an officer of the bank, I cannot be directly connected to this money Thus I am impelled to request for your assistance to receive this money into your bank account. I intend to part 30% of this fund to you While 70% shall be for me. I do need to stress that there are practically no risk involved in this transaction. It's going to be a bank-to-bank transfer. All I need from you is to stand as the original depositor of this fund.
    Awaiting for your urgent reply. You can contact me for more details via my e-mail address with your reference.Any delay in your reply will give me room in looking for contact for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act Accordingly as I stated here
    Your timely response will be highly appreciated.

    Yours Truly,
    Dr.Cox Angelo




    Copyright © 2002 Banco Santander Central Hispano, S.A. Santander Central Hispano es una marca registrada. Todos los derechos reservados.
    Banco Santander no se hace responsable por información o contenidos publicados por terceros en este Portal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, December 22, 2007 5:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home